Thinking about a career in property or construction?
Thinking of becoming of Chartered Surveyor?
In How to Become a Chartered Surveyor, Jen Lemen BSc (Hons) FRICS (Partner at Property Elite), demystifies the process and provides a clear road map for candidates to follow. Published by market leading publisher, Routledge, this book is not to be missed!
This is the Ebook edition. A redemption code will be sent to you within 24 hours of purchase. You can also buy the paperback edition via Amazon.
The book outlines potential pathways and practice areas within the profession and includes the breadth and depth of surveying, from commercial, residential and project management, to geomatics and quantity surveying.
This book provides invaluable guidance, covering:
- routes to becoming a Chartered Surveyor, including t-levels, apprenticeships and alternative APC routes such as the Senior Professional, Academic and Specialist assessments
- areas of professional practice
- advice for the AssocRICS, APC (MRICS), FRICS and Registered Valuer assessments, including both written and interview elements
- advice on referrals and appeals
- how to support candidates, including the role of the Counsellor and Supervisor
- opportunities for further career progression, including further qualifications and setting up in practice as an RICS regulated firm
- global perspectives
- professional ethics for surveyors
Written in clear, concise and simple terms and providing practical advice throughout, this book will help candidates to decode and understand the RICS guidance, plan their career and be successful in their journey to become a Chartered Surveyor.
It will also be of relevance to academic institutions, employers, school leavers, apprentices, senior professionals, APC Counsellors/Supervisors and careers advisors.